Monday, January 26, 2009

~A THING TO BE ACHIEVED


"DESTINY" is not a matter of chance, It is a matter of choice,

It is not a thing to be waited for,

It is ~A THING TO BE ACHIEVED.

~William Jennings Bryan

QUESTION: IF SUNDAY'S CHILD IS FULL OF GRACE....
WHAT IS MONDAY'S CHILD___________as the little poem says?????




Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.



~JAMES 4:10



All of you precious friends that have been in the frozen tundra of snow, while others of us have been enjoying a rather mild winter for us....take heart! Oklahoma, my great state, Texas, another great state, and the wonderful state of Arkansas, which has beautiful lakes and is the birth place of Mother and Daddy Ragan...are going to be getting an ice storm today. Snow would be great, but as we all know, ice does so much damage...slick travel is already developing in Southwest Oklahoma and around Norman, Oklahoma.
I'm not saying that any of us would ever wish ice on anyone but it is only fair to share a little of what you cold states have endured. I just do not like the cold. It makes my bones ache....and I pray for the homeless people and for the poor little animals that have been just left to find a place to warm. I will say just one thing...don't be upset with the little dogs and cats that tear at your trash sacks...they are only hungry...be mad at the owners who have abandoned them.


Let's all stay warm and BLOG...BLOG...BLOG



Hugs



debbie

5 comments:

  1. Debbie- Debbie!!
    I live right on the border of Tx & Ar- twin city!! The motto is "Twice As Nice" - I am quite literally a mile or 2 from the Tx border!! Right now it is starting to rain and it is getting colder!!! Preparing for the bad weather they are saying we are to get tomorrow, but all indications is that we are already getting it!! yikes... I just wish for a little SNOW, not yucky Ice. Went through a bad ice storm a few years back, don't wish that on anyone!! Okay I am rambling- sorry!!
    Enjoyed your post!!

    Beautiful Blessings~Kelly Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie... where do you live in Texas? How have I missed that fact? Of course, Texas is a big place... but hey girl... We're next door neighbors!

    I always love your heartfelt posts... and I always appreciate the sweet comments you leave at my blog...

    hugs! and blessings... Dixie

    ReplyDelete
  3. DIXIE,
    I live in Oklahoma...right next door to the great state of Texas. My son was married in a garden setting of my DIL parent's home in Arlington, Texas.
    hugs
    debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I do hope we all escape the ice (a pretty snow would be nice though). laurie in Ark.

    ReplyDelete

Your "Comments" are very important to me. Thank You for visiting "There's An Angel On My Front Porch."
Blessings
Angel Hugs
debbie