Tuesday, January 20, 2009

THE NEW PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES

President Barack Obama has studied President Lincoln. They say he has read and re-read President Lincoln's Inaugural Address. There is a very neat blog named xashee corner. She is like the Oprah Winfrey of the blogging community for listing interesting blogs to visit.
One of the places she suggested visiting was the site:

http://paulsmithfoundation.org/main_gallery.html

Paul Smith was born in Philadelphia on September 21, 1921 and died June 25, 2007. He was born with muscular dystrophy and was never given a formal education but placed within was a Gift from God. A typewriter showed him his purpose and he lived a full life.

The picture Of President Lincoln was made on the typewriter using just these keys:
@ # $ % ^ & * ( ) -
can you imagine...when typing he used his left hand to steady his right one. They said he also taught himself to play chess and he loved the game so, he would drop any project for the opportunity to play. Please visit his website and look at his gallery of pictures...he did one of The Last Supper that is just awesome...Typed Art...I didn't have time to research it but I would imagine there are just a handfull of these artists.


President-Elect Barack Obama becomes our 44th President today. I have mixed emotions because I did not vote for him. They say it is good to not have a blog where you open yourself up for debate or hate mail. I have never been one to ever beat around the bush about anything...but today I won't scare any birds out of the blueberry bush...because after all when President George W. Bush was elected again four years ago...they said, "let's be frugal on the money spent on party celebrations!" The same Democrats said for President-Elect Barack Obama...(when the economy is the worst ever)....let's pull out all stops and party! party! party! to a tune of 150 million dollars.


So with that I will just say, it is biblical to pray for those who are in authority over us...thus I will be praying every day for President Obama, his beautiful wife, Michelle, and those precious daughters Malia and Sasha. I want President Obama to suceed as that means America will suceed and if we keep "IN GOD WE TRUST," we will be a "blessed" nation.
have a blessed day my friends
come back real soon
hugs
debbie


4 comments:

  1. Good post Debbie. You're right. We all need to pray for the leader of this country, no matter who we voted for. I'm praying for him, and I have no doubt he is going to need those prayers. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your feelings, Debbie. I agree with you. I did not vote for him, but I want our Nation to be safe and strong. We have to trust in our leaders and pray for their decisions and safety. I agree with you on the spending at this inauguration--way over the top in a time that is supposed to be so bad finacially. It's a mixed signal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm agreeing with you. I've been telling myself this week that this isn't the only president I didn't vote for that was inaugurated. I don't envy anyone in the presidential office, it would be a very difficult job and I too wonder about the over-the-top $$ spent on the inauguration. We do indeed need to keep him and our entire nation in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel as though you read my mind, I was too scared to post what I was thinking on my blog. I too think we should show respect and did not agree with the celebrity $$$$ hoopla but was reassured when he kept In GOD we trust in his speech and also said he was a Christian!! I heard that people tried to SUE him so he would not use the word GOD. unbelievable!!!
    Have a Blessed Day!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your "Comments" are very important to me. Thank You for visiting "There's An Angel On My Front Porch."
Blessings
Angel Hugs
debbie