Wednesday, January 21, 2009

SEEK AND YOU WILL FIND


This is a beautiful cross stitch that is 15 1/2" x 19"...flawless...I found it in a thrift store about three or four years ago for ".99 cents." I was just walking around, looking and there were some paintings leaned up against the wall that caught my eye. I started looking through them as I love art and there, staring back at me was this beautiful cross stitch..."Well,H-e-l-l-o Benjamin," I said. I could not believe someone would go to that amount of work and it end up in a thrift store for ".99 cents." I told myself to be calm as the thought crossed my mind I could be on candid camera or a victim of a cruel joke.... Such a treasure...I clutched it to my bosom and walked straight to the cashier and paid "gladly"...with joyful utterings that were wanting to squeal real loud...I hung it in my laundry room as I have rabbit planters on a shelf. I would have hung it any way just because I recognized the worth in it...someone decided it no longer had value to them.....think about this....it could have been a kit but if not...you would have to buy your cloth...floss...the pattern...and the frame....you can't even take into count your time....all you women out there that are thinking of giving away your completed cross stitch projects...I would gladly adopt them and take care of them......that is why we go through other people's junk....it is such treasure to us....

Every time I go into my laundry room I smile and ask the Lord to bless the person that put all those stitches in place to form such a sweet work of art.



You are special...You are beautiful...You are loved...May the sunshine kiss your face and you be "blessed" as you have inspired me through your beautiful, awesome blogs.

Hugs

debbie



"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened."

~MATTHEW 7: 7-8

6 comments:

  1. Hi Debbie,my name is Shelley! I found you through Deena's blog(Can I be pretty in Pink). I read the comment you left her,and just had to visit you. I can tell from your words,you are a spiritually strong person..God bless your dear daughter,she has certainly had a hard road to travel,but it seems God has truly gave her his favor through it all!
    I am sure to be visiting you more. I love the very sweet cross stitch of Benjamin Bunny....what a true treasure find!

    Blessings,Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! I found a windmill cross stitch at our Goodwill in Texas once. $3.99. It was gorgeous, framed and all. I had it re-framed, and when I took the old frame apart, it had a tag on the back that said, Mary B. Blackwell, 1901, 11-years. Love all things with history. Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a find at such a GREAT price!! All that work put into it!! WOW! and the Good Morning tag is sooo pretty! :D
    Thank you so much for visiting me and leaving such a WONDERFUL comment too! :D
    to answer you:
    OH YESS i am a new Rock hound! lol i LOVE rocks & gemstones too! recently we joined a rock club (the cost was very reasonable) this way when they go to mines, we get invited! i would LOVE to find a true gem!!
    and yes, i am very familiar with slag, i bet yours is a BEAUTY! it sure sounds it!
    Hope you have a FANTASTIC day! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. THANKS so mch for the
    post..I love hearing of God's miracles.

    and I love The Tales of Benjamin Bunny..
    That a great stitchery too!!!

    Deena

    ReplyDelete
  5. found you thru I cant remember blog! but i'm here..fairly new to blogging myself. Your Chef door is the neatest thing--what a great gift to have in your home. Your right about family..we have 5 grown kid--3 grandchildren and 2 more on the way..been married 30 years, live in Wisconsin!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Debbie, thanks for visiting and commenting on the memories of my Grandmother's beautiful zinnias. Those memories and that of my Grandmother's careful teaching led me to a lifelong passion for flowers.... and later cherubs and angels! Please come back and visit again!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete

Your "Comments" are very important to me. Thank You for visiting "There's An Angel On My Front Porch."
Blessings
Angel Hugs
debbie