Monday, January 12, 2009

BANNER OF BLESSINGS

First I would like to take the time to THANK VERY MUCH two very fine and talented women:

htttp://www.thegraphicsfairy.com

who furnished this beautiful graphic.....

and she had a little button you could add to your site but I certainly did something wrong....because I could not even find the area on the blog I could add it. Please if you have not, visit these ladies beautiful sites...you will not be disappointed.

http://bannerofblessings.blogspot.com/

who provided the banner for my blog.

I feel alittle like a clown(well I was going to say dunce but the girl in the graphic was too pretty and I would not want to offend anyone) as I try to figure out this blog business. I am still learning and I am sure that people are just so busy with their lives they do not have even a spare minute to answer questions.Time is a precious commodity. I am 53 years old---they didn't have computers when I was in school...Alright....lol...
.
I have never had a computer class...I was either working....very ill...or taking care of the very ill.

My teacher was my 17 year old son at the time and he had the patience of...a second. I would get stumped...locked up or some silly little thing and wait for him to get home from school...maybe 5 hours and he would say, "I already told you that" and hit a key and off he would try to run. I said, "Oh no! You wait just a minute...I need to write this down, so if I get stuck while you are at play practice I can read what to do." He would be drumming his fingers, balancing a pencil on his nose or bouncing a soccer ball on his knee...."focus son...I need to write this down."

Now he is 25 years old,married, and works full time, and says, I know more than him when really he is playing "stupid" because if it isn't football to watch..it is basketball. He changed jobs so he could stay here 3 nights a week to spend time with his sister as she went through chemotherapy and radiation. I admire my daughter'n'law for putting any selfishness aside and letting him spend this time with his sister. She is a jewel I will tell you. Our daughter's life was upset as she lost some independence when she moved home so we could help her through this journey. She found out she had cancer for the second time and had to move in with her parents...that is pretty tough for a 32 year old who loves her freedom....I didn't know if she cried over the cancer or having to move back in with her mother and dad....lol (listen if you can't joke about cancer and laugh your way to health you are not going to win your battle.)

Today it is very cold here. brrrr.....we were spoiled all last week with beautiful sunny afternoons in the 50's and 60's. I knew it couldn't last but sure thank God for the beautiful days we had.

For those of you who are going through a difficult time right now, please know that you are being prayed for by someone, somewhere and especially here at There's An Angel On My Front Porch. Jesus is close to the brokenhearted and He does hear your prayers. Some times he doesn't always answer when we think he should or how we think he should answer but HIS answer will always be right and right in the nick of time. I know it is true that he will not put any more on us than we can bare but I remember telling him, "Lord, I hope you are right. My knees have folded to the sides." that would make a funny cartoon.

Be blessed
Hugs

debbie

BE STILL AND KNOW THAT I AM GOD!
~PSALM 46:10

1 comment:

  1. Hi Debbie. Thank you for your sweet comments =) God has provided!! All I can do is pass a bit along now and then. Here's a few helps that I emailed to another blogger recently. Maybe you can use them:

    To add the Widget w/Link on your Sidebar:In blogger, sign into your account, go into "customize", then "layout" and select "add gadget" then you're going to add a picture. Click browse and find the picture on your computer. Then enter the site address where it says "link". Click Save. That's it.

    To add pictures to your blog posts simply click the picture icon along the top of your post area, click "browse" and find the photo on you computer. Blogger will make you approve their terms before you can add the photo. (quick tip: photos 500 pixels wide or less load best).

    To add a clickable link to words or pictures just highlight what you want clickable, then click the chain link icon along the top of your post area. It'll prompt you to enter the url address of where you want the text or photo to link to. (I find it works best to copy/past the url directly from my browser at the top of the screen.) Then click "ok".

    Hope that helps a bit. By the way, I love the verse in your blog name. Our family claims Jer 29:11 as our life verse. Praying with you for your sweet family. Blessings... Polly

    ReplyDelete

Your "Comments" are very important to me. Thank You for visiting "There's An Angel On My Front Porch."
Blessings
Angel Hugs
debbie