Sunday, January 25, 2009

~~JUST A BIBLE~~


The other night my DH and I listened to an old message that Billy Graham gave from the great state of Ohio.The message was about The Prodigal Son. I was taking notes and so these are my words. I cannot deliver a Billy Graham message, anointed of God, but it is the basis of the story he told.



A boy was soon to graduate from high school. He wanted a new car for graduation.



He went with his dad from car dealership to car dealership looking for just the right car.



Finally that magical day came. He found the car of his dreams and he was happy.






Graduation evening came and afterwards his dad presented him with his graduation present..."Just A Bible."



The son threw the Bible down on his bed and he left home never to speak or visit his dad again.






The years passed and he received word his dad had died. Upon arriving at the family home to make preparations for his dads' funeral, he walked into his old bedroom. Everything was just the same as the day he walked out so long ago including the Bible he had angrily tossed on his bed. Tears began to flow as he remembered that night.









He opened the Bible up and inside was a cashier check, dated the day of his graduation, with the total sum of money he needed to buy his car...the car he wanted more than anything else. The car that he wanted more than just a relationship with his dad.







Oh how tragic my friends! His father provided the very thing he wanted the most...inside of what he would need the most long after that car was gone...and he rejected it all...simply because of the wrapper it was presented in.







Our Father God has given us "EVERYTHING" we will ever need when in "FAITH" we accept the package...JESUS CHRIST... and in FAITH simply believe and call upon His Name.




Thank you, my dear friends, for sharing this sabbath day with me. I know when we give praise to the LORD on Sunday our week is better, our attitudes are friendlier and we are more sensitive to those in need.







REMEMBER YOU ARE LOVED, BEING PRAYED FOR, AND ARE HIGHLY FAVORED OF GOD.




VISIT OFTEN WHERE THERE'S AN ANGEL ON THE FRONT PORCH.




HUGS





debbie







"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ; for it is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that believeth.

~ROMANS 1:16

5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful message!! Billy Graham is such a beloved messenger!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a tragic story, but oh how true, God knows our needs, and if we will accept His knowledge of our needs, we will have all that we need. Thank you for this posting. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh man I just about am crying. I wonder how many of us would have done this, especially in the years of our youth. thank you for sharing such a thought provoking post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Deb! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and for inviting me to visit yours. I have been reading some of your posts and will definitely be back to read more. I have heard this little story about the boy graduating from high school and receiving the Bible from his dad. It brings a tear to my eye every time. I have an 18 year old son so I can totally relate to these words.

    You have many interesting tidbits here that give one room for thought and I love that!! You also have gotten some incredible deals at yard sales!!! I will visit again. Thank you for brightening my day!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Debbie,
    What a great story! Thank you for sharing it. Blessings, Shay

    ReplyDelete

Your "Comments" are very important to me. Thank You for visiting "There's An Angel On My Front Porch."
Blessings
Angel Hugs
debbie