Tuesday, February 10, 2009

~~BROKEN WINGS~~


As most of you know and for those who do not, my 32 year old daughter had cancer ,for the second time in her life,during 2008.


She began chemotherapy on June 10, 2008 and her last chemotherapy and radiation treatment was given on December 10, 2008.


We took pictures all along the way of Amy's journey. Some of the pictures will go in a collage and some will be put away until she knows what she wants to do with them. But this picture featuring Amy as a Butterfly and beautiful Maggie as Raggedy Andy, she allowed me to use on my blog.



This is the picture of my daughter, Amy, on October 31, 2008.


She had such Hope for plans that night. Halloween is always a biggie for Amy. She spends a lot of time deciding and planning what her costume will be.


I tease her that when she is 80 years old she will still be wearing a costume on Halloween.


When we arrived at the clinic and she passed out her bags of candy and Dr. Dexeus posed with her, she was found to have a 102 temp. This is a pretty serious situation for someone who has a low white count and cannot fight off infection like a normal healthy immune system.




Amy the Butterfly and Raggedy Andy, the most beautiful R.N. named Maggie posed for me so I could have a picture. I found it so poignant that Raggedy Andy was handing the Butterfly her "broken wings."




So many people across the blogging community have "BROKEN WINGS."


Sweet baby Cora is now in the arms of Jesus and her parents Jess and Joel need us to lift them up in prayer...beautiful christian couple that clung to their Faith as a life preserver


Becky's son Jordan passed on suddenly....such a beautiful christian family so needs our prayers


Roy is battling side affects of chemotherapy for bladder cancer...He and his beautiful wife Lilly need prayer


Baby Kyra who has had numerous heart surgeries and has never left the hospital since her birth


Deena battling side affects of chemotherapy for breast cancer


Clifton recovering from being burned over 43% of his body


Nancy who has had brain surgery and has double vision...pray for Ray her husband


All the Soldiers in harms way around the world and their families who are in the United States....running a home without Dad being there


Wives like Sweetie and my Aunt Terry who have lost their mates and it is truly like half of their body has been ripped away



Folks it goes on and on......


People without jobs...people loosing their homes..."BROKEN WINGS"





Thank You for stopping by for a visit today. I love to have you visit. It is my desire to pray for those who have a need and bring encouragement to those who need "Hope." There is no greater joy than to be able to lift up someone spirits.






Put your shoulders back and say, "I'M BEAUTIFUL!"




Put on a strand of Pearls...if you don't have a strand like me....go to the Dollar Store and buy a string.......wear them proudly...no one that matters can tell from a distance...lol...lol (you know real pearls or not...it is not the pearls that make you feel better...it is the att-i-tude toward yourself that has improved and when you feel better...there is HOPE


I am reminded of the beautiful christian, who looked at her friends and said, "I am so weak I cannot left my arms and praise the Lord." She knew she was going to die but she wanted to lift her arms in Praise to the Father. Each friend got on each side of the bed and lovingly lifted her arms so she could Praise the Lord.


That is what we must do for each other when our friends are sick, are broken hearted, and just don't know what tomorrow holds and they don't want to really know.....we have to lovingly lift their arms so they can Praise the Lord.


Jesus and the Wisdom Of the Holy Spirit is our only answer to save America...to bring jobs...to give us the wisdom to create jobs...to comfort us...to protect us...to be a friend that will stick closer than a brother...to love us



Blessings



debbie






NOW FAITH IS THE SUBSTANCE OF THINGS HOPED FOR,



THE EVIDENCE OF THINGS NOT SEEN.



~HEBREWS 11:1 KJV



THE HEART WITH THE WINGS IS FROM THE GRAPHIC'S FAIRY. PLEASE CLICK ON HER EMBLEM ON THE RIGHT HAND SIDE OF PAGE AND IT WILL TAKE YOU TO HER BLOG. HER BLOG HAS JUST THE MOST AWESOME GRAPHICS.


6 comments:

  1. what a great post. I'm sorry for the pain and challenges your daughter has had to face. Your right--so many are feeling the pain now..that will never change and one day it will be each of us that has to bear that cross. I"m sad that I dont have the faith I should have--I get so angry at God and I sometimes just cant get how our creator can watch all this pain, it truly breaks your heart. I know there are reasons we wont know until we are with him-but for me personally the older i get, the harder it is for me to not be able to grasp this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie, All I can say is, BEAUTIFUL.... WELL SAID !!!! THANKS FOR REMINDING US ALL THAT WE HAVE SO MUCH TO BE THANKFUL FOR AND WE NEED TO LOOK BEYOUD OURSELVES AND LIFT ONE ANOTHER UP --IN WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT--IN PRAYER--IN LOVE-- IN A LOVING ACT OF KINDNESS. I will pray for all these needs. And I will continue to pray for your sweet Amy. WE ARE ALL IN THIS WALK TOGETHER!! Blessings in Jesus Name, Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  3. your daughter is in my prayers! i recently found out my sister has cancer AGAIN too and it really hit me hard. i am so scared for her. Thank you for your BEAUTIFUL post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debbie, Thank you for that beautiful post. I will lift your daughter in prayer along with so many hurting people in my life. I thought we had it tough with job losses and financial struggles, but you know, there is always someone who is worse off and needs our prayers. You are a wonderful compassionate soul. Blessings, ginny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, I was bloghopping but think I found my way here via EdieMarie's Attic. I'm reading your lovely blog, wishing your son a silent Happy Birthday, admiring your beautiful photos & then I come to this post & say a liitle prayer for veerybody you mentioned. Imagine my surprise when I read prayers for my own son, Clifton. Thank you so much...it means so much tome that I'm all teary eyed. I'm truly grateful for your prayers. I have an update post on Clifton planned for later this afternoon...come by & see it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, shoot! I got so emotional that I forgot to include prayers for your daughter, Debbie. May she continue to fight the good fight...my prayers are w/ her.

    ReplyDelete

Your "Comments" are very important to me. Thank You for visiting "There's An Angel On My Front Porch."
Blessings
Angel Hugs
debbie