Tuesday, April 13, 2010

WITH SKIN ON

XOXO...AMY...XOXO
ALWAYS IN OUR HEART






THE  FOLLOWING  STORY  IS  TAKEN  FROM  THE

BOOK  CALLED:

THE  RAINY  DAY  BOOK

PICK-ME-UPS  FOR  WHEN  YOU'RE  A  LITTLE  BLUE!



WITH  SKIN  ON

~CHRISTY  PHILLIPPE


MARK'S  WIFE  ATTENDED  A  WEEKLY  BIBLE  STUDY,

AND  SO  EACH  MONDAY  NIGHT,  IT  WAS  HIS  TURN  TO  STAY  HOME

WITH  THEIR  FOUR-YEAR-OLD  SON,  JUSTIN.


THE  SCHEDULE  WAS  USUALLY  SET:  RIGHT  AFTER  MOM  LEFT,  MARK

AND  JUSTIN  WOULD  HAVE  THEIR  CUSTOMARY  TICKLE-FEST,  AND

THEN  MARK  WOULD  MAKE  SURE  JUSTIN  HAD  HIS  SUPPER  AND

A  BATH.  THEN  IT  WAS  STORY  TIME,  AFTER  WHICH  MARK  WOULD

KISS  JUSTIN'S  HEAD,  TUCK  HIM  INTO  BED,  AND  HEAD  DOWNSTAIRS

TO  WATCH  HIS  FAVORITE  TV  SHOW  AT  9  P.M.


BUT  ONE  PARTICULAR  MONDAY  NIGHT,  THE  HERO  OF  THE  SHOW

WAS  JUST  ABOUT  TO  SAVE  THE  DAY-WHEN  A  TERRIBLE  THUNDER-

STORM  BLEW  IN,  WITH  LIGHTNING  AND  LOUD,  BOOMING  THUNDER.


"DAD,  I'M  SCARED!"  JUSTIN  SHOUTED.  "COME  UP  HERE  WITH  ME!"


"OH,  NO,"  MARK  MUMBLED,  RELUCTANT  TO  MISS  THE  END  OF  THE

SHOW.  "DON'T  WORRY,  JUSTIN,"  HE  CALLED  OUT.

"YOU'LL  BE  ALL  RIGHT.  YOU  KNOW  GOD  LOVES  YOU."


"I  DO  KNOW  GOD  LOVES  ME,"  CRIED  JUSTIN,

"BUT  I  NEED  SOMEONE  WITH  SKIN  ON."




I  HAVE  NEEDED   SOMEONE  WITH  SKIN  ON,  HOW  ABOUT  YOU.

IN  MY  NURSING  YEARS  I  HAVE  FOUND  THE  HUMAN  TOUCH

HELPS  RELIEVE  PAIN,  CALMS,  ASSURES,  AND  MAKES  THE

PATIENT  FEEL  I  CARED  AND  I  SURELY  DID.


THERE  ARE  SO  MANY  WHO  NEED  SOMEONE  WITH  SKIN  ON.

SINCE  WE  CANNOT  HUG  THEM  WE  CAN  PRAY,  GOD  WILL

SEND  SOMEONE  UNEXPECTED....WITH  SKIN  ON



THE  FOLLOWING  PEOPLE  NEED  OUR  PRAYERS  AND

ARE  IN  A  FIGHT  FOR  THEIR  LIFE:


MARY  CLAIRE
RUSS
LEILA
LISA
SHARON
MARILYN
PAMELA
LADY KATHERINE
ROY AND ELISABETH
CEEKAY
GINNY AND  CLARENCE
COLETTE
SHAUNA
ANASTASIA
BRENDA
CANDANCE
SWEET ANN
TED
TERESA
GINA
BEKAH
NOELLE
GYPSY LULU
NICK
CARMEN
TREY
TORRE
LYNN
JACKIE
RILEY
KRISTIE
JEAN
PATRICIA
LORIE
TERESA
THERESA
CLYTIE
DENNIS
JAMIE
JOHN
MARTHA
RENEE
RON
HANNAH
TERRI-ARTAFFIRMATIONS
DOUG
SANDY
TAWNA
MIKE
BRANDON
CASS
WILL
JOHNATHAN
DORIS
RICHARD
RICHARD...MY DH
DONNA
VANESSA
CARRIE
ERIC
THE  FAMILY  OF  THE  29  MINERS  THAT  LOST  THEIR  LIVES  AT  THE  UPPER  BIG
BRANCH  MINE
THE  PEOPLE  OF  POLAND  AS  THEY  MOURN  THE  PASSING  OF  PRESIDENT
AND  HIS  WIFE  AND  OTHER  DIGNATARIES  IN  THE  PLANE  CRASH
HAITI  STILL  NEEDS  MUCH  HELP
OUR  MILITARY  AND  THEIR  FAMILIES

SO  VERY  MANY  PEOPLE  IN  SUCH  NEED.

THIS  IS  NOT  MEANT  TO  BE  DEPRESSING  BUT  HOPEFUL  BECAUSE  YOU
TOOK  THE  TIME  TO  PRAY  FOR  A  PERSON  IN  NEED.



THANK  YOU  FOR  SPENDING  A  PART  OF  YOUR  DAY  WITH  ME.
YOU  ARE  UNIQUE  AND  SPECIAL  JESUS  LOVES  YOU.



ANGEL  HUGS



11 comments:

  1. Good morning Debbie. What a wonderful reminder of how God uses us to comfort and care for those in need. There are far too many who are hurting and suffering. I pray you are doing well. Blessings to you and yours my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just loved that story - I too have needed someone with skin on. And yes, people sure do need prayers. Sandie♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful story - and so true. We all need someone with skin on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're such a giving person, Debbie. What a beautiful post, not depressing at all, but very thoughtful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. GOD BLESS YOU!
    Love, hugs, and prayers,
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blessings,
    You are a prayer warrior with wings.

    I love the story. As a nurse and a birth coach I know a gentle touch is good medicine.

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful.

    Thinking of you sweet friend. I always love to stop by.

    I thought of you while I was away. I saw a Dorothy costume in a local thrift store and then couldn't get you and your girl out of my mind.

    Love to you~Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how lovely! Thank you for sharing!! I will look for this book! I think it is great you keep such a great prayer list! Thank you!
    Hugs and prayers, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved this story Debbie! I think of you often and pray that you are doing okay. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a precious story Debbie! I love the unexpected things that come from the mouths of children~
    I have felt the prayers of so many these past few weeks. It amazes me how a stranger will stop me and tell me she felt like I just needed a hug. I know where she really came from, and it is such a comfort!
    Have a beautiful Day Debbie. It's sunny and warm here in Bama, I hope it makes it's way to where you are as well.
    As always, thank you for your continued prayers and support. One day, I'm going to use that telephone # you so generously provided and give you a call!
    ♥,Lilly

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Debbie, Wow, that was powerful! Sometimes we are so involved in our own pain, that we forget the pain of so many others.

    ReplyDelete

Your "Comments" are very important to me. Thank You for visiting "There's An Angel On My Front Porch."
Blessings
Angel Hugs
debbie